- Gods work. Our hands.Starting in AUGUST:
- GWOH “Be the Light Door Décor” – Open to all ages! Our goal is to provide artwork for each resident’s door in our senior living communities featuring “scenes from nature.” (Cardstock pages and guidelines will be available at The Welcome Center at church.) The collected artwork will be delivered to facilities throughout the community after September 20th.
- GWOH “Be the Light — With Books” – Drop off a few gently used books at church! These will be used for a “God’s Work. Our Hands” project on Sunday, Sept. 20th.
Looking ahead to SEPTEMBER:
- A Blood Drive will be held from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Sunday, Sept. 20. Sign-up HERE!
- Baskets created by the LCOOR Fellowship Committee will be delivered by volunteers.
- A variety of take-home project kits are being prepared for pick up on Sunday, Sept. 20!
If you have questions, please call Lynn Langer (605-880-4233), Paige Sullivan (605-520-3997) or Twila Schmitt (605-886-2696). Please stay tuned for upcoming announcements! Be The Light!
- Meals-on-Wheels – Volunteers deliver meals to the home-bound in Watertown.
2020 Dates: February 18-21 | April 27 – May 1 | September 14-18 | November 23-25
- Salvation Army Pantry – We collect non-perishable and household items year-round.
- Hunger Free Codington County Sandwich Ministry – THANK YOU to all the volunteers, meat and fruit providers and the numerous faithful cookie bakers! They serve over 150 sack lunches, 3 times a week, delivered to 7 locations in Watertown. The goal is: Hunger-Free Codington County! Assemble Sandwiches & Deliver (Monday – Wednesday – Friday) Bake Cookies – no need to sign-up, just bake cookies, mark them “Sandwich Ministry”, they can be brought to the church freezer and then they will be picked up by a volunteer and taken to the Salvation Army. Contact Nyla Bergan with any questions 520-0035.
- St. Dysmas – We have the privilege to worship with this Lutheran Prison Congregation in Sioux Falls each spring and fall. Our next visits are scheduled for Thursday, October 8, 2020.
- Global Health Ministries and Lutheran World Relief – We highlight and collect a different kit each month. Check out the monthly newsletter for more information. NEWSLETTERS
Additional outreach opportunities are announced and promoted at various times throughout the year.