Many educational opportunities are available for adults. Bible studies and small groups meet at various times throughout the year which allow for discussion and relationship building.
To learn more about these opportunities, please contact the church office. Remember…There is always room for more!
Bring your own lunch and meet up with a group of men on Wednesdays here at the church at 12:15pm. Join in on the Bible study/discussion and fellowship of each other every week or as your schedule allows.
Sunday Morning Adult Bible Study
- currently not meeting
LCOOR Book Club
Gather on the 4th Thursday of the month at 10:00am in the Youth Room for discussion of a book chosen the previous month.
June – We Were the Lucky Ones by Georgia Hunter – Discussion leader: Jan Johnson
- July – The Children’s Blizzard by Melanie Benjamin – Discussion Leader: Joan Hohnstadt
- August – The Four Winds by Kristin Hannah – Discussion Leader: TBA
Women of the ELCA
Mission: To mobilize women to act boldly on their faith in Jesus Christ. Small groups, called circles, meet monthly in the morning or afternoon. Prayer, Bible Study and service program planning are part of each meeting.
Gather Circle Bible Study
ZOOM Bible Study – Interested in participating in the Gather Bible Study via Zoom (online), please send an email to email@example.com.
-Martha & Priscilla Circles are currently not meeting-
- Martha Circle meets the 2nd Monday of each month at 2:00pm in the Youth Room
- Priscilla Circle meets the 2nd Wednesday of each month at 9:30am in the Gathering Area
For more information on the Women of the ELCA, visit their website.
Also from the Women of the ELCA is Cafe. Café is an on-line magazine for young adult women. It incorporates a Lutheran perspective for women of Christian faith or simply for any woman who is interested in how faith relates to the issues that women face today. Readers and writers of Café include pastors, seminary and college students, and other young adult women who use Café as a Bible study resource individually or with their congregation.
Currently not meeting. The quilters will meet the 1st and 3rd Thursday and the 3rd Friday every month at 9am. Knowing how to sew is not a necessity of being part of this group.
Prayer Shawl Ministry
Come together on the 1st and 3rd Tuesday of the month to make these shawls. Completed prayer shawls, infant blankets and quilts are blessed on the last week of each month during worship services.
- Don’t know how to knit or crochet? This is a great place to learn!!
- Do you know of someone in need of a prayer shawl? Shawls are given to our own members and others in the community. Call the church office for more information.