Many educational opportunities are available for adults. Bible studies and small groups meet at various times throughout the year which allow for discussion and relationship building.
To learn more about these opportunities, please contact the church office. Remember…There is always room for more!
Men’s Power Lunch
The Men’s Lunch group meets Wednesdays during the school year. All men are welcome to these gatherings that begin at 12:15 with lunch, followed by a study led by either Pastor Kent or Pastor Dan and concluding with prayer.
- A donation of $5 is suggested for the lunch.
Sunday Morning Adult Bible Study
between services on Sunday mornings.
Wednesday Women’s Bible Study
Wednesday evenings 5:30pm – 6:30pm.
LCOOR Book Club
Gather on the 4th Thursday of the month at 10:00am in the Youth Room for discussion of a book chosen the previous month.
- May – “This Tender Land” by William Kent Krueger
- June – “Unfollow: A Memoir of Loving and Leaving the Westboro Baptist Church” by Megan Phelps-Roper
- July – “A Gentleman in Moscow” by Amon Towles
- August – “Giants in the Earth” by Ole Edvart Rølvaag
A group for young adults will meet Bi-weekly 5:30pm – 7:30pm beginning September 19th at Gather on Kemp. Contact Lakyn at 605-366-5531 for more information or check out the Facebook page @gatherwatertownsd.
Women of the ELCA
Mission: To mobilize women to act boldly on their faith in Jesus Christ. Small groups, called circles, meet monthly in the morning or afternoon. Prayer, Bible Study and service program planning are part of each meeting.
Gather Circle Bible Study
-Meeting will resume this fall-
- Martha Circle meets the 2nd Monday of each month at 2:00pm in the Youth Room
- Priscilla Circle meets the 2nd Wednesday of each month at 9:30am in the Gathering Area
For more information on the Women of the ELCA, visit their website.
Also from the Women of the ELCA is Cafe. Café is an on-line magazine for young adult women. It incorporates a Lutheran perspective for women of Christian faith or simply for any woman who is interested in how faith relates to the issues that women face today. Readers and writers of Café include pastors, seminary and college students, and other young adult women who use Café as a Bible study resource individually or with their congregation.
Proverbs 31:25 – She is clothed with strength & dignity and She laughs without fear of the future.
MomLIFE…Living In Faith Everyday: for moms of every season of their life! Activities for each gathering will be decided upon by the group and will change on a regular basis…we are open to any idea you may have! Can’t make it every time- that’s ok! We will be happy to see you when you are able to join us. Check the Facebook group for more details at MomLIFE (Living In Faith Everyday).
The quilters will meet the 1st and 3rd Thursday and the 3rd Friday every month at 9am. Knowing how to sew is not a necessity of being part of this group.
Prayer Shawl Ministry
Come together on the 1st and 3rd Tuesday of the month to make these shawls. Completed prayer shawls, infant blankets and quilts are blessed on the last week of each month during worship services.
- Don’t know how to knit or crochet? This is a great place to learn!!
- Do you know of someone in need of a prayer shawl? Shawls are given to our own members and others in the community. Call the church office for more information.